Open Door Baptist Church is an independent, fundamental Baptist church that seeks to reach the city of Saskatoon with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. We desire to see men, women and children come to a realization of their hopelessness as sinners before a holy God and to accept the gift of His salvation, offered through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original
writing, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus was begotten of the Holy Spirit, was born of Mary, a virgin, and was true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created, not evolved, in the image of God, that he sinned and therefore incurred not only physical
death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God, that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word, and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that all who believe in Him
are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the “Eternal Security” of the believer, that it is impossible for one born into the family of God ever to
be lost. John 5:24
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present
life there as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe in “that Blessed Hope” – the personal pretribulation, premillennial, and imminent return of our Lord and
Saviour, Jesus Christ, when the church will be “gathered together unto Him.”
- We believe in the literal fulfillment of the prophecies and promises of the Scriptures which foretell and assure the
future regeneration and restoration of Israel as a nation.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become
children of God.
- We believe that the local church is the visible manifestation of the “body of Christ” on the earth. We further believe that it is of primary importance to be faithful to its services, to support it financially, and to pray for it, as well as to work toward the fulfillment of its scriptural goals.
- We believe that there are two scriptural offices for the church. They are that of the Pastor (Elder and Bishop are synonyms) and the Deacon. We believe that those who would be considered for these offices must meet the criterion laid out in the scriptures in I Tim. 3, Titus 1.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
- We believe that the scriptures teach two ordinances – Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. They are to be observed by believers
only. They are symbolic and contain no merit of works toward salvation in themselves.